Wednesday, August 24, 2011

New beta 2.20 available

Hi all,

Just a quick word to let you know that a new beta version is now available here: http://www.fotosketcher.com/FotoSketcher_beta.exe

I have tried to iron out most of the bugs related to the new retouch (manual) brush. Don't hesitate to let me know if you still find some bugs though!


***Update (1st sept 2011): a new effect has been added to turn a photo into a black & white drawing. It's called Pen & Ink 2 and here is an example:


All the best,

David

4 comments:

Zakir said...

Hello David

what are your plans for new effects
Are you going to make these effects I told you about that are on anymaking.com

1. HDR effect
2. Computer art

David said...

Hi Zakir,

My first priority is to release version 2.20 once everything is in order (new languages, no obvious bugs...). There will also be a new pen and ink effect. More info very soon.
Then I will start working on 2 things: new effects of course, but also a rewrite of FotoSketcher using the just released version of Embarcadero Delphi XE2 which adds MacOS and IOS support.
As to the effects you told me about, I am not really interested in duplicating something which already exists. I'd much rather experiment on some new algorithms. That's where the fun is!

Dileep said...

I am using the "Pen and Ink 2" method of your software, for my final year UG project. It's about matching photographs with sketches. Very thank you for providing such useful software. I have a small problem explaining to my project guide about this software. Can you tell me, in simple terms about how this method operates ? Also, what "Level of details" and "Image Simplification" do to the image ?

David said...

Hi Dileep,

I'd be glad to help. I'll contact you by mail with the info.